I had been wanting to read Strengths Finder 2.0 and take the test when I heard friends took it. Our pastor in Cebu and his wife had been constantly referring to the book. It took me two years to get my hand on an e-book. Yes, if it weren't for the newer technology, I would not have owned this book.
It would be interesting to find our what my top themes or strengths are. I may have a hunch what they are but I need a more structured way to know what they are. Finding my strengths out would help me with my career, relationships and ministry.
The book comes with a code which you will use to take the online test. If you purchased an e-book like me, the code will be e-mailed to you. The online test, conducted by Gallup, is about 30 minutes long. You have to create an account on the Strengths Finder site for access to your results.
Apparently my top five themes/strengths are:
What do these five themes/strengths mean?
People who are especially talented in the Empathy theme can sense the feelings of other people by imagining themselves in others' lives or others' situation.
- Now that explains why people are comfortable opening up their feelings to me.
- This also explains why I cry - A LOT - over movies, the news, weddings of people I do not know, etc.
- It is true that I make it a point to really know people.
People who are especially talented in the Developer theme recognize and cultivate the potential in others. They spot the signs of each small improvement and derive satisfaction from these improvements.
- I see the potential in each and every person.
- I give acknowledgement where it is due. And I would tell the whole world what a person did.
- The report says I have a special gift for helping people truly realize that I value them and hold them in high regard.
People who are especially talented in the Discipline theme enjoy routine and structure. Their world is best described by the order they create.
- Discipline is the only theme I know is in me. I make sure I have established routines. I live on routines. It comes in handy especially when I am having a day and do not want to move.
- I complete tasks/assignments. Sometimes ahead of schedule. I am such a geek.
- Mapping out a plan allows me to accomplish more and be productive. Even if it is going out to ran errands, I create a to-do list so I do not forget anything. This used to drive my husband crazy before but I think he understands why now.
People who are especially talented in the Maximizer theme focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb.
- I like following people and reading blogs who will bring out my personal best.
- I focus on what I feel my strengths are. It is easier to accomplish goals this way.
- When I like an idea, I do it. I do not just copy, I find ways to make to call it my own version. This justifies why I love Pinterest.
People who are especially talented in the Connectedness theme have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has a reason.
- This is where my faith and belief in Christ comes in.
- I have this drive to do so much more because I know I can. It is true that I feel restless when I feel my life lacks a noble purpose.
- It also explains why I want to surround myself with all positive people and ideas.
As I am driven by discipline, it is good to know what my top themes/strengths are. After all, I need to live my life with a purpose.
Have you taken the test? What are your top themes?
If not, I highly recommend you take this test.