The first book I finished for this new year is the free e-book, The Proverbs 31 Woman: One Virtue At A Time. The recommendation was to read one chapter a day. But I could not wait, I finished it in one day. It is an easy read at 43 pages.
The author Courtney is from Women Living Well Ministries. I found her excellent blog while blog hopping and I immediately added hers to my RSS reader. What led me to her blog was the free e-book and the topic of Proverbs 31.
I will never be tired of studying Proverbs 31:10-31. I have stated many times how I aspire to be one. Yes, that woman which Solomon wrote in Proverbs is not just a pigment of his imagination.
How exactly can women relate the verses to one's daily life as wife, mother and homemaker? According to Courtney, we can all be a Proverbs 31 woman if we:
- Are a treasure to our husbands (v. 10)
- Trusted by our husband in all aspects (v. 11)
- Act - not just words and promises (v. 12)
- Work with eager hands even with the mundane tasks (v. 13)
- Find the best deals for the family and stretches the family budget (v. 14)
- Rise up early and make sure the house is up and running (v. 15)
- Make our her dreams happen (v. 16)
- Keep our house clean and strong enough to do chores (v. 17)
- Stay productive until evening (v. 18)
- Works on mundane tasks or house chores without complaining (v. 19)
- Help those in need (v. 20)
- Prepare our families for each season in our lives (v. 21)
- Dress with class (v. 22)
- Support and speak highly of our husbands (v. 23)
- Strive to excel in our craft (v. 24)
- Exude confidence (v. 25)
- Speak wise and kind words (v. 26)
- Manage our household effectively (v. 27)
- Make our family proud of us (v. 28)
- Hear praises from the one person who matters most to us - our husbands (v. 29)
- Value our faith more than superficial beauty (v. 30)
- Have a happy family (v. 31)
I hope you are as enlightened and refreshed as me. Now, every time I have to tackle a house chore I least like, I think about the Proverbs 31 woman and I stop complaining and do the task willingly. When I am tempted to be idle, I remind myself there is more I could do.
The Proverbs 31 Woman just raised the profile of stay-at-home wives and mothers. We all can become so much more than society is depicting us to be.
If you want to read the e-book, you can get it for free by "liking" the Women Living Well page on Facebook. Click on the Free E-book button right below her photo.
I had been blessed with this book and I want more women to be blessed as well.