Moving to a new place means new routines. When we moved to our own place, I started waking up at 6:00 AM just so I could exercise using my WiiFit. In one of Rick Warren/Saddleback Church's podcast, I realized I needed to put God first in my life, which means I must schedule quiet time first thing in the morning. That was when I started waking up half an hour earlier.
Weeks later, I found my way to Kat's blog, Inspired to Action, as I heard she was giving away a free e-book. I'm a sucker for freebies. Her free e-book is Maximize Your Mornings which is especially targeted to help mommies create an effective and life giving morning routine. It was a short book which I finished in a day. Every thing she said made so much sense and she has tips on how I can improve that hour and a half all to myself before the rest of my day starts.
- Wake up
- Get dressed in my exercise outfit
- Worship. Now this is new to me, I would only read the Bible and pray without praise & worship. This actually helped set the tone.
- Bible Reading. I use the You Version app for my reading plan. They have several reading plans and it now keeps track of your completed plans. I also subscribe to Purpose Driven Connection Devotional by Rick Warren & Saddleback Church.
- Praying. It's my time to talk to God for Him to hear me out, and for me to listen to Him. Kat has prayer calendars for husbands and children which I use as my guide.
- Exercise. I still do exercise on my WiiFit Plus but I feel like I am getting bored with them. Thanks again to Kat, I learned about From Couch to 5K plan.